Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Prairie Creek Alabama

Captain Kidd is still touring California but I'm very excited to announce that I finally found the campsite that my dad took my brother and I to every year when I was growing up! It was a very quiet campsite right on the Alabama River with willow trees surrounding the banks. Every time we stayed it seemed like we were the only campers at the whole site.


I'm pleasantly happy to see that it is still open because I remember one of the last times we went camping there, the rickety bridge had collapsed. And this bridge was the only way to get to the campsite as far as we knew.

While the campsite does look like it's changed since I last went there (and why wouldn't it? It's probably been at least 12 years since I last stayed there) it still looks as quiet as it was back in the 90's.

I can't wait to make a trip there and stay at the campsite we used to always pick. I just hope they haven't changed the site into an RV site. That would really be a let down.

No comments:

Post a Comment